While consumption of substances is an easy tool to the high, it’s most often short-lived and comes with its side effects.
I’ve been focusing on creating healthy habits that lead to a natural “high” state.
This high is the real sh*t… It comes with a short-term high + long-term benefits for life.
Here are some of the daily healthy habits that lead to the high state, that you can include in your schedule:
Exercise (in any form you like)
- Yoga (Every day)
- Calisthenics (Every alternate day)
- Cardio (Every day)
- Strength Training (Every alternate day)
- Swimming (I swim in the sea at least 3 times a week)
- 7-8 hours of sleep in the night
- 20-minute power nap in the noon between 1-2 pm
- Stay hydrated throughout the day
- Eat slightly fewer calories than you burn
- Getting micros from vegetables
- Supplement for any deficiencies
Hobbies & Social Life
- Learning a new language
- Pursuing one creative hobby (music/art)
- Having a social life and meaningful conversations
- Creating experiences and memories with family and friends
Limit/Eliminate Inhibitors (these ruin the natty high)
- Alcohol (my limit is up to 3 glasses of wine per week)
- Stress (limit as much as possible by eliminating the non-essential projects, work, clients, obligations)
- Caffeine (I limit tea or coffee to pre-noon)
- Deep work
- Focused Pomodoro sessions
- Eliminate distractions
- A cold shower in the morning
- A warm shower in the evening
- A massage a week!
An ideal day for me is when I’m able to combine all of the above.
Start by listing down what you can incorporate today!