I live my life based on a handful of principles.
They help me make decisions and provide a lens to view life.
The three life rules
When I say handful, there are only 3:
- Do Less but better
- Build Habits over willpower
- Align energy to priority
1. Less but better
Focus on quality rather than quantity.
- I perform better when I have only one focus task at a time
- I take up fewer clients and pick my team members carefully
- I prefer low-volume and high ticket size
Remember: 20% of what we do gets us 80% of the results
2. Habits over willpower
I rely on habits, as they are like an automation tool for success.
- We become what we repeatedly do
- I cannot rely on willpower to achieve my life goals
- Instead, I focus on building habits and letting them take over
Habits are like mutual fund SIPs 🙂
Remember: Ideal days = Ideal life.
Focus on creating an ideal day as life is sum total of days.
Your day should be filled with all the habits that will lead you to success and fulfillment in life.
3. Align energy to priority
Energy is the key, finite resource.
- Pick your priorities wisely
- Make sure you align how you spend your energy.
- My top 3 priorities are health, relationships, and business (in that order), and I map my time and energy to these 3.
It’s tempting to spend most of your energy on work and the left on health and relationships, as I truly enjoy working. I am now learning to do the opposite.
In order to avoid messing up, I trained ChatGPT to be my assistant in living an ideal, productive, and fulfilling life.
Here’s how I did it:
Training ChatGPT as my personal assistant
Here are the three key steps:
Step 1: Provide GPT with all the information about you and your life goals
Step 2: Important: Ask ChatGPT to be the ideal version of you
Step 3: Get answers from your ideal self whenever you need them!
When I’m stuck with a decision, I would ask my ideal self on ChatGPT.
And it always comes up with the “right” answer.
Try this out for you, and let me know how it goes!